Sunday, May 29

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers (PAGE 5)

 

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers - credit to Melanie Weir LifeHacks

(NEXT PAGE / PREVIOUS PAGE) 


Shoes Make Great Cup Holders
[object Object]
Reddit

Surprisingly, shoes make great additional cup holders in our cars. Sometimes you just need a bigger cup holder or simply an extra one when you have more drinks than your car can fit. Thankfully, an old shoe can act as the perfect cup holder, as long as you don’t mind the smell. The foot hole is perfectly sized to hold a cup and can even be adjusted for those gallon cups you find at gas stations.


Extra storage using mesh bungee net
[object Object]
Reddit

Not everyone can afford that oversized SUV that can fit a huge grocery run. So sometimes that calls for a little creativity to use the space they have for storage. One place in the car that’s often underutilized is the ceiling…

But this hack will give you all the storage you need, and more. By adding a mesh bungee net to your car’s ceiling, you can throw anything you might need up there like it’s trapped in a web.


Hang A Tennis Ball In Your Garage
[object Object]
Reddit

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have parking sensors in their cars like the most recent models come with. If you’re worried about pulling too far into your garage and damaging your grill, a tennis ball hanging from a string will act as a parking aid, and when you hit the ball, you know you’ve gone far enough. Thanks to this hack, you can kiss goodbye to hitting the garage wall ever again.


Keep Your Takeout Warm By Using Your Heated Seats
[object Object]
Twitter

The best ideas are often right in front of our faces. It makes so much sense to make sure your takeout doesn’t get cold by the time you get come from picking it up. Your first thought might be to just turn off the A/C and ride in a hot car. But why suffer at all? If you turn your passenger seat warmers on high, your food will stay warm and you can keep the temperature in the car whatever you’d like without a worry in the world.


Olive Oil Is Great For Collecting Dust
[object Object]
Reddit

Cars seem to be dust magnets, and if left for too long, they can be unsightly. Plus, having all of that dust lying around isn’t the best thing to be breathing in a confined space. Luckily there is a common household item that will collect all of that dust for you…

And it goes by the name of olive oil. By rubbing a small amount of the oil onto something like a kitchen towel or coffee filter, you can mop up all of that dust with the greatest of ease.


Use Your Floor Mats For Traction When Stuck
[object Object]
Reddit

If you get stuck in the mud or snow, you can use your floor mats for traction. All you have to do is unclip your floor mats from both the driver and passenger floors and then place them behind or in front of each of the stuck wheels (depending on if you need to go forward or backward).


Repurpose An Inflatable Pool Floatie For A Bed
[object Object]
Reddit

If you’ve ever been on a long road trip and needed to pull over to get some rest, its a cheap and comfortable idea to keep a pool floatie in your trunk to blow up in your backseat when you want to take a nap. Nothing is worse than fighting the feeling of your heavy eyelids on a long road trip. Its always better to play it safe and take a little break.


(CONTINUE TO NEXT PAGE)

No comments:

~ Readers SoundOff ~ Have something to say? Tell us!

"I enjoy www.StretchThatDollar.com because of all the great deals and bargains I find.
The money I save is a big plus too!
I have been using stockpiles for so long, I forget where I first found it.
It must of been googling for bargains!"
Renee, MA

"I have really enjoyed http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it's a constant source of information and inspiration to me. I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ completely accidentally - while web surfing. The best 'mistake' I made!" Barbra, MI

"I enjoy reading your newsletter because you have fabulous savings on items that I don't have time to search for. I was able to find this contest from an email I received from you. (I'm on your mailing list). I can't remember how I originally found you!"
Nina, GA

"I just found this site today from a link off of another site I was visiting- I love the wide variety of offers there are and tidbits to learn!! What a great site!"
Shawn, MN

• I am so glad I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/.
I love http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it is someone sharing their knowledge of savings and freebies in a day when so little people want to share anything.
The grocery bag deals are rarely for any of the stores in my area, but I pass the information on to others, that also clip q-pons and do their best to live frugally.
I do make sure I check the sunday coupons against the grocery deals that are posted, just to be sure I didnt miss something of interest on my own. (I have been known to miss a few...LOL)
I have saved so much by ordering items from the hot deals of the day too. Toys for my son and grandson . A clock for my father, that was made by a company that he has been searching for, since last fall. He loved it so much he ordered another one for his girlfriend.
Being a stay at home mom, after being the major bread winner in our family, our income has decreased by 2/3! http://www.stretchthatdollar.com has made stretching our very meager budget so much easier.
So...Thank you for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated.
Brenda Thompson, OH

• I found you months ago, from another website post. You find deals for me that I would otherwise miss out on.Thank you doesn't say enough.
Barb, CA

• I can find what I need by coming to your site and it's my favorite and usually the only one I visit for the best deals. Right now I'm looking for a deal on a hand vac. My 5 yr. old vacuumed up a bowl full of water with my last one. It no longer works, but atleast he didn't electrocute himself!
Nancy Govero, KS

Thanks Nancy... you had such a cute story.
Here's the direct link for all the Hand Vac specials.
We found a perfect hand-vac for just the sort of thing you experienced...
Black and Decker CHV7250 7.2 Volt Wet & Dry DustBuster
$18.72 (Was $29.99)
+ $25.00 off $125.00 or more