Sunday, May 29

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers (page 1)

 

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers (PAGE 1) - credit to Melanie Weir LifeHacks


Sure, you know how your car works. You’ve never read the manual, but you know where the wiper button is, how to work the AC and the radio, where the hazard lights are, and hopefully how to change a tire in a pinch. What you never knew you needed, though, were these genius yet simple car hacks, which we’re sure you’d never find in a standard auto manual. Everything from minor annoyances to major, lifesaving pinch-fixes, you’ll find in here. Sick of defrosting your windows every morning? We’ve got the solution. Stuck on the side of the road with a broken fan belt? That’s in here, too. Read on to discover these ridiculously useful secrets!

Have you ever used one of these car hacks yourself? Know one we didn’t mention here? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to SHARE these with those you care about — you never know when they might be needed!


Fix a Dent With a Plunger and Hot Water


Have an unsightly dent in the side of your car? Don’t fret! We all make mistakes, and it’s actually pretty easy to fix: Just boil water in a teapot or saucepan and pour it over the affected area, then take the plunger and pull. If the body isn’t too severely damaged, the dent should come right out, and if not, it should at least look less prominent.


Clean Headlights with Toothpaste
[object Object]
Source: Pixabay/stevepb

If you have foggy headlights, don’t go running straight to the auto store for some special solution! You may already have something that will fix your problem right at home. Toothpaste works just as well on headlights as it does on teeth, it turns out, because it has mild abrasives in it that are meant to clean enamel. With toothpaste and a little elbow grease, your headlights can be clear as day again!

(Note: This won’t always work. If your headlights are yellowing from the inside, you obviously won’t be able to get at the problem, and it’s time to think about getting replacements.)


Use a Staple Remover to Open Your Keyring
[object Object]
Source: Pixabay/PublicDomainPictures

No need to destroy your fingers trying to get that new set of keys onto your tight metal keyring. Just pull apart the end pieces with a staple remover, and slide them right on in! It’s so simple, we bet you’re wondering why you never thought of it.


Prevent Door Dings With a Pool Noodle
[object Object]
Source: Pinterst/Rose Williams

Do you always, always, ALWAYS hit your door on the side of your garage when you get out? There’s a simple fix: Just cut a pool noodle in half, and stick it to the wall where the door hits it (the scuff marks should make it easy enough to tell).  You can secure it with bolts or with simple command strips, but either way, your car and your wall will both be safe!


Use a Cereal Bin as a Trash Can
[object Object]
Souce: Pinterest/thekrazycouponlady

We leave trash all over our cars without thinking about it — but did you know that if you’re not careful, all the smells from that trash can stick to the inside of your car forever? Get yourself a trash can and you won’t have that problem. All you need is one of those small plastic containers that hold cereal. Just line it with a plastic bag and you’ve got a compact and easily sealed trash can that keeps your car neat and organized AND smelling fresh.


Use a Tinted Plastic Sheet to Reduce Glare
[object Object]
Source: Sporty's Pilot Shop

We all know the struggle: You forgot your sunglasses, the sun is setting, and you’re driving west. Your visor can’t protect you at this angle, but there is something that can! A simple tinted, plastic sheet will stick to your car window with static, and you can move it wherever you need to, so the sun will never bother you again!


Park Your Car Facing East to Lessen Frost
[object Object]
Source: Pexels

This probably sounds like some weird witchy trick, but it’s actually very simple and logical. If your car is left so that it’s facing the sun in the morning, the rays will defrost your front windshield for you first. So as long as you leave for work after the sun rises, you’ll never have to wait for the defroster to warm up again!


Hold Your Keys to Your Head to Extend Their Range

It sounds stupid, we know, but we swear it works! If your keys don’t have much of a range, hold them right under your chin and press the button again — the fluids in your head will exchange the reach of the signal just a little bit. Seriously, if you don’t believe us, just try it for yourself!


Messy Kid on a Long Car Ride? Magna-Doodle Can Help
[object Object]
Source: Pinterest/Asha Dorfest

You’ve got two obvious issues when going for a long car ride with a young kid: They’re messy, and they’re easily bored. Lucky for you, packing a MagnaDoodle in your arsenal of toys can help with both those problems. First of all, they’re easily one of the most entertaining toys, as kids can draw and redraw over and over without running out of (or dropping) materials.

What you also may not have thought of, though, is they can double as a tray table for kids to eat meals off of without getting crumbs and spills everywhere. That’s what we call a win-win!


(CONTINUE TO PAGE 2)

No comments:

~ Readers SoundOff ~ Have something to say? Tell us!

"I enjoy www.StretchThatDollar.com because of all the great deals and bargains I find.
The money I save is a big plus too!
I have been using stockpiles for so long, I forget where I first found it.
It must of been googling for bargains!"
Renee, MA

"I have really enjoyed http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it's a constant source of information and inspiration to me. I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ completely accidentally - while web surfing. The best 'mistake' I made!" Barbra, MI

"I enjoy reading your newsletter because you have fabulous savings on items that I don't have time to search for. I was able to find this contest from an email I received from you. (I'm on your mailing list). I can't remember how I originally found you!"
Nina, GA

"I just found this site today from a link off of another site I was visiting- I love the wide variety of offers there are and tidbits to learn!! What a great site!"
Shawn, MN

• I am so glad I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/.
I love http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it is someone sharing their knowledge of savings and freebies in a day when so little people want to share anything.
The grocery bag deals are rarely for any of the stores in my area, but I pass the information on to others, that also clip q-pons and do their best to live frugally.
I do make sure I check the sunday coupons against the grocery deals that are posted, just to be sure I didnt miss something of interest on my own. (I have been known to miss a few...LOL)
I have saved so much by ordering items from the hot deals of the day too. Toys for my son and grandson . A clock for my father, that was made by a company that he has been searching for, since last fall. He loved it so much he ordered another one for his girlfriend.
Being a stay at home mom, after being the major bread winner in our family, our income has decreased by 2/3! http://www.stretchthatdollar.com has made stretching our very meager budget so much easier.
So...Thank you for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated.
Brenda Thompson, OH

• I found you months ago, from another website post. You find deals for me that I would otherwise miss out on.Thank you doesn't say enough.
Barb, CA

• I can find what I need by coming to your site and it's my favorite and usually the only one I visit for the best deals. Right now I'm looking for a deal on a hand vac. My 5 yr. old vacuumed up a bowl full of water with my last one. It no longer works, but atleast he didn't electrocute himself!
Nancy Govero, KS

Thanks Nancy... you had such a cute story.
Here's the direct link for all the Hand Vac specials.
We found a perfect hand-vac for just the sort of thing you experienced...
Black and Decker CHV7250 7.2 Volt Wet & Dry DustBuster
$18.72 (Was $29.99)
+ $25.00 off $125.00 or more