Sunday, May 29

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers (page 2)

These Car Hacks are Huge Lifesavers - credit to Melanie Weir LifeHacks


 Use Coke to Clean Your Wheels

You’ve probably heard “use Coke to clean this” a million times, but a mixture of cola and dish detergent really will get all the road grime and brake dust off your rims and leave them sparkling. Some people do worry that the soda will just make things sticky, but the detergent you mix in prevents any buildup from occurring.


In an Emergency, Pantyhose Can Serve as a Fan Belt
[object Object]
Source: Amazon/Hanes

First and foremost, we should note that if you have any other options when your fan belt breaks (like calling a tow), you should absolutely exercise them. Saving the money is not worth the risk of starting a fire in your engine. However, if you’re well and truly stuck, you can tie up a pair of pantyhose to substitute for a fan belt in order to get you to the nearest gas station or area with cell service so that you can get help.


Nail Polish Can Fix Little Scratches
[object Object]
Source: Pinterest/familyhandyman

Most of the time when you get a little scratch or chip in the paint of your car, it isn’t worth the expense of fixing it up professionally. Of course, the unfortunate downside to this is that you end up driving around with unsightly scratches on your car. We bet you didn’t know you could cover those up yourself! All you need is a little bit of nail polish. As long as you can match the paint on your vehicle pretty closely, a little bit of nail polish will cover up the scratches well enough that nobody would notice if they weren’t looking for them.


Use Hand Sanitizer to De-Ice Your Key Holes
[object Object]
Source: Getty Images

If you’ve felt the pain of having frozen locks on your car door, you know how hard that problem can be to solve. The answer is something you may not have expected — hand sanitizer. Pouring something INTO the lock that doesn’t work may seem counterintuitive, but the alcohol in the solution will melt the ice, and then you’ll be able to turn the lock. It’ll dissolve on your car the same way it does on your hands.


Keep Your Belt Buckled In Hot Weather
[object Object]
Source: Unsplash/rawpixels

Trying to buckle your seatbelt in the summer is a dangerous game. Any metal piece of your car that’s been exposed to sunlight and heat is going to hurt your hands, but you can at least avoid the seatbelt problem by buckling it in after you get out of your car, and leaving it there until the next time you get in. It can’t heat up to burning temperatures if the sun can’t touch it!


Over the Door Shoe Rack = Backseat Organizer
[object Object]
Source: Pinterest/onecrazyhouse

This is an especially useful one if you have kids: A simple over-the-door shoe rack can serve as a great place to store all the backseat essentials — sippy cups, toys, chargers, snacks, you name it. All the pouches are easily accessible and way easier to look at at a glance than the pouches that come with some minivan seats.


Use Clear Nail Polish on Window Chips
[object Object]
Source: Getty Images

Magical nail polish strikes again! If you get a crack or chip in your windshield, it’s always liable to spread and crack further, becoming quite dangerous for everyday driving. But if you can’t afford to replace your windshield, a few drops of clear nail polish in the affected area should stop the crack from spreading until you can — much like a run in a pair of stockings.


(CONTINUE TO PAGE 3)

No comments:

~ Readers SoundOff ~ Have something to say? Tell us!

"I enjoy www.StretchThatDollar.com because of all the great deals and bargains I find.
The money I save is a big plus too!
I have been using stockpiles for so long, I forget where I first found it.
It must of been googling for bargains!"
Renee, MA

"I have really enjoyed http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it's a constant source of information and inspiration to me. I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ completely accidentally - while web surfing. The best 'mistake' I made!" Barbra, MI

"I enjoy reading your newsletter because you have fabulous savings on items that I don't have time to search for. I was able to find this contest from an email I received from you. (I'm on your mailing list). I can't remember how I originally found you!"
Nina, GA

"I just found this site today from a link off of another site I was visiting- I love the wide variety of offers there are and tidbits to learn!! What a great site!"
Shawn, MN

• I am so glad I found http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/.
I love http://www.stretchthatdollar.com/ because it is someone sharing their knowledge of savings and freebies in a day when so little people want to share anything.
The grocery bag deals are rarely for any of the stores in my area, but I pass the information on to others, that also clip q-pons and do their best to live frugally.
I do make sure I check the sunday coupons against the grocery deals that are posted, just to be sure I didnt miss something of interest on my own. (I have been known to miss a few...LOL)
I have saved so much by ordering items from the hot deals of the day too. Toys for my son and grandson . A clock for my father, that was made by a company that he has been searching for, since last fall. He loved it so much he ordered another one for his girlfriend.
Being a stay at home mom, after being the major bread winner in our family, our income has decreased by 2/3! http://www.stretchthatdollar.com has made stretching our very meager budget so much easier.
So...Thank you for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated.
Brenda Thompson, OH

• I found you months ago, from another website post. You find deals for me that I would otherwise miss out on.Thank you doesn't say enough.
Barb, CA

• I can find what I need by coming to your site and it's my favorite and usually the only one I visit for the best deals. Right now I'm looking for a deal on a hand vac. My 5 yr. old vacuumed up a bowl full of water with my last one. It no longer works, but atleast he didn't electrocute himself!
Nancy Govero, KS

Thanks Nancy... you had such a cute story.
Here's the direct link for all the Hand Vac specials.
We found a perfect hand-vac for just the sort of thing you experienced...
Black and Decker CHV7250 7.2 Volt Wet & Dry DustBuster
$18.72 (Was $29.99)
+ $25.00 off $125.00 or more